EASY HEALTHY RECIPES
EASY HEALTHY LAMB RECIPES
Debbie's Easy Lamb Kibbeh
This was one of my son's favourite meals. I always made huge quantities as both boys hoovered it.
1 kg minced lamb
2/3 cup fine grain bulgur (cracked wheat)
1 large onion finely diced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup diced fresh mint
1. Cover bulgur with water so that it is just covered and cook on high in microwave for 1 minute on high ensuring that water is absorbed. Toss with a fork and stand
2. You can either finely dice onion or place it in food processor
3. Either finely chop mint or add to food processor
4. Add cumin, all spice, salt and pepper
5. Stir bulgur through the mixture ensuring that it is adequately mixed. I usually do this with my hands.
6. Line flat baking tray with baking paper
7. Flatten meat mixture onto tray ensuring that the tray surface is covered. Score diagonally where you would like to cut it (usually around 4-5 cm apart).
8. Cook for 40 minutes or until the top is browned
9. Slice into pieces
Serve with Tandoori flatbread, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, grated cheese, avocado dip and sweet chilli sauce. Toast in a sandwich maker.
HINT: This can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for an easy meal, or used for lunches in wraps and toasted.
For more Easy Tasty Recipes go to the following links:
Best Parenting Advice.com is a high quality parenting website designed with child and family success in mind. This site provides free resources for busy parents who want best practical advice on: effective child rearing strategies, easy healthy family meals, self-care tips for time-poor parents and fun learning games to help best educate children while also encouraging positive relationships within the family.
One of the best pieces of parenting advice to help support healthy cooperative families, is to provide regular nutritious meals, eaten together as a family as often as possible. Best parenting advice provides a range of quick and easy family dinner recipes supplied by busy working parents. These are the recipes asked for: because they taste great, they're quick and easy they're family friendly and they're foolproof.
This site provides examples of what worked for me over decades and you are welcome to use these ideas as you see fit but you do so at your own risk. This site does not provide any guarantee that this information will work in every circumstance with every family or every child. It is your responsibility as a user of this site to ensure that you adhere to any recommended safety suggestions either implicit or explicit on this site and supervise your children while playing any games suggested. Best Parenting Advice.com is not affiliated with any other groups, clubs, religious organizations or educational systems.
Best parenting takes time. The best parenting advice ever is simple: Do your best, don't give up and love your children, no matter what.