...Simple Steps to Successful Parenting
BEST PARENTING ADVICE
BEST STARTS FOR KIDS
Things To Do With Kids At Home Self Isolating During a Pandemic: List 2
If you could make a wish, how would you like self-isolation to be remembered by your kids.
During self-isolation your kids need you, as parents, to be the leader of the house... and they need you to lead by calm example.
If you aim to make 'Iso' as positive an experience as possible, you're more likely to achieve it than if you expect it to occur all by itself.
To avoid kids getting white wall fever providing a variety of activities will help: Some active, some passive. Some challenging, some relaxing (or easy.) Some creative, some chores.
Set up some common sense rules for 'Iso' To Make Your Home a More Pleasant Place To Be
1. Explain the importance of cooperation and everyone needs to do their part. Use the analogy about how everyone is staying home for the greater good. Well cooperation is for your family's greater good and explain why it is important.
2. Maintain clear boundaries for behaviour and explain what is expected ahead of time. Manners are free and help oil the machinery of happily interacting families. This is an opportunity to follow up on some behaviours that may have slipped due to busy lifestyles. And model manners yourself.
3. Maintain some normality getting dressed, teeth cleaning, hair brushing, regular showering, etc. Kids will live up to or down to your expectations. Make a Pyjama Day the exception, not the rule.
4. Consistently acknowledging cooperative behaviour, where ever possible, and rewarding it is likely to increase it. What you notice you'll get more of.
5. Relax and have a bit of fun with your kids. There are heaps of activities you could do. Check out the galleries and links.
Making numerical amounts using an abacus
Making Your Own Story Book
Using recycled materials for construction
You can create your own puppet show from scratch
Growing your own food with your kids help during a pandemic is an excellent way to show your kids how food goes from plant to plate
Children love to paint concrete with water and it can keep them occupied for a long time
You can create a variety of animals from paper plates or egg cartons
Playing Chasies is a great way for kids cooped up inside to let off steam
Best Parenting Advice.com is a high quality parenting website designed with child and family success in mind. It highlights what successful parents do differently to those who struggle. Best Parenting advice.com provides free online resources for busy parents who want the best practical advice on: how to give kids a best start in life, better tips for parenting toddlers, effective child rearing strategies, behaviour management tips, successful goal setting and organizational strategies for successful families, easy family dinner recipes, self-care tips for time-poor parents and free kids learning games. The aim of Best Parenting Advice.com is to provide quality practical parenting tips and advice to best help children and families succeed, using the convenience of a website.
This website provides examples of what worked for me over decades and you are welcome to use these ideas as you see fit but you do so at your own risk. Best Parenting Advice.com does not provide any guarantee that this information will work in every circumstance with every family or with every child. It is your responsibility as a user of this website to ensure that you adhere to any recommended safety suggestions either implicit or explicit on this site and supervise your children while playing any games suggested. Similarly users of this website are advised to follow any recommendations for seeking professional advice as all information on this site is generic. Best Parenting Advice.com is an independent website and is not affiliated with any other groups, clubs, religious organizations or educational systems.
Best parenting takes time. The best parenting advice ever is simple: Do your best, don't give up and love your children, no matter what.