...Simple Steps to Successful Parenting
BEST PARENTING ADVICE
SELF CARE FOR PARENTS
16 Ways to Feel Better in Minutes
2. Write down three things that you're really grateful for. Ideally put them in a diary and add more things each day. If you already have a gratitude diary reread things that you're grateful for.
3. Put some music on that reminds you of when you were young and dance with it. Or better still sing along with it, ideally at the top of your lungs.
4. Have a warm bath or shower. Dry yourself with one of your softer towels. Put a treatment in your hair then rub yourself in coconut oil. You'll feel moisturized and younger.
7. Go somewhere where you're near something that's much bigger than you are and feel how insignificant your worries are. A beach, forest, lake, park, library
8. Go outside. Lay down a rug. Lie down on your back and look up at the sky. Feel the space. Make pictures out of clouds. If you have children with you they can do it too.
11. Tell someone who did something for you just how much it meant to you. It'll make you both feel better.
12. Ask a friend for a hug and give the best gentle hug back you can. (N.B: Best not during COVID 19 pandemic.) Maybe tell her why you love her instead.
13. Clean out the third or fourth kitchen drawer from the top (that's usually full of junk.) It usually only takes a few minutes but will make you feel better.
1. Start your day right. Get up early and go for a walk. Ideally go somewhere naturally beautiful (like a lake or beach.) But if you can't walk outside walk you could walk on a walking machine and read something inspiring at the same time N.B. You will need to ensure you don't walk so fast that you can't hang on as you read.
If it's already later in the day go for a walk outside. Locate three things that look beautiful. Listen for two natural sounds. Visualize what's making them. See if you can locate a nice smell. If you're in your own garden recall happy memories of planting some of the things there.
5. Put on clothing you know looks good on you. Maybe wear something bright-coloured for a change. Take an extra five minutes to do your hair and makeup. And then get out of the house. Go somewhere social. It's amazing how positive comments from others help you to realize you still have a lot going for you.
6. Sit at a coffee shop, ideally not in a shopping centre but somewhere where active people are out and about. Watch how they move, what they wear, how they interact with others. Make up stories in your mind about them. Maybe write some ideas down. It could be the beginnings of a short story.
9. Eat something you love and do it slowly. Savour the experience. Feel the mango juice run off your chin, a warm raspberry explode in your mouth, the chocolate begin to melt and ooze across your tongue. If you've forgotten how to savour food, watch a child eat.
10. Ring your best friend and tell them you're in a bit of a funk. It's amazing how many wonderful things they'll be able to tell you about yourself that you've likely never even realized.
For more Self-care ideas go to the following links:
14. Throw away some of your old stuff that you've been putting up with using and start using some of the things you've been saving for good. e.g. Drink water out of a best wine glass.
15. Go back through your card drawer or old messages and feel the love you have in your life.
16. Say something sincerely nice to everyone you meet. Ask them how their day has been. You might compliment them on their hair, their shoes, their determination, their willingness to help, their smile, their kindness. Even that they make the best cup of coffee in town... Looking for the good in others can transform your life.
Best Parenting Advice.com is a high quality parenting website designed with child and family success in mind. It highlights what successful parents do differently to those who struggle. Best Parenting advice.com provides free online resources for busy parents who want the best practical advice on: how to give kids a best start in life, better tips for parenting toddlers, effective child rearing strategies, behaviour management tips, successful goal setting and organizational strategies for successful families, easy family dinner recipes, self-care tips for time-poor parents and free kids learning games. The aim of Best Parenting Advice.com is to provide quality practical parenting tips and advice to best help children and families succeed, using the convenience of a website.
This website provides examples of what worked for me over decades and you are welcome to use these ideas as you see fit but you do so at your own risk. Best Parenting Advice.com does not provide any guarantee that this information will work in every circumstance with every family or with every child. It is your responsibility as a user of this website to ensure that you adhere to any recommended safety suggestions either implicit or explicit on this site and supervise your children while playing any games suggested. Similarly users of this website are advised to follow any recommendations for seeking professional advice as all information on this site is generic. Best Parenting Advice.com is an independent website and is not affiliated with any other groups, clubs, religious organizations or educational systems.
Best parenting takes time. The best parenting advice ever is simple: Do your best, don't give up and love your children, no matter what.