EASY HEALTHY RECIPES
QUICK AND EASY DINNER RECIPES: VEGETABLES
Yummiest Layered Salad Ever
The Yummiest Layer Salad Ever is one of the most spectacular salads I've seen and tasted. Here it's illustrated as an individual salad but I usually make it in a gigantic crystal bowl and use it as a centre piece for a Christmas Luncheon.
½ iceberg lettuce
1 punnet grape tomatoes cut in halves
2 cups frozen peas
1 250 gram punnet mushrooms
125 grams grated tasty cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 small bottle black olives diced
2 ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
5 rashers bacon
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons French mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Shred lettuce and place into bottom of glass bowl
2. Pour uncooked frozen peas over the top of lettuce
3. Pour in layer of diced black olives
4. Add layer of halved grape tomatoes
5. Pour uncooked frozen peas over the top of lettuce
6. Chop most mushrooms into tiny pieces except for three which you slice and use to display through the glass bowl by placing them horizontally around the edge of it.
7. Mash eggs with a fork and add to finely sliced mushrooms
8. Spread mixture over the peas
9. Add grated cheese on the top
10. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, shallots and lemon juice and pour over the top of salad
11. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
12. Assemble just prior to serving
13. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top of the salad
14. Cook diced bacon under griller on sheet of aluminium foil and sprinkle across the middle of the top of the salad
15. Place tomato wedges on top of the salad in the shape of the bowl
HINT: Use a see through glass salad bowl for this salad to be best displayed.
For more Easy Healthy Recipes go to the following links:
Best Parenting Advice.com is a high quality parenting website designed with child and family success in mind. This site provides free resources for busy parents who want best practical advice on: effective child rearing strategies, easy healthy family meals, self-care tips for time-poor parents and fun learning games to help best educate children while also encouraging positive relationships within the family.
One of the best pieces of parenting advice to help support healthy cooperative families, is to provide regular nutritious meals, eaten together as a family as often as possible. Best parenting advice provides a range of quick and easy family dinner recipes supplied by busy working parents. These are the recipes asked for: because they taste great, they're quick and easy they're family friendly and they're foolproof.
This site provides examples of what worked for me over decades and you are welcome to use these ideas as you see fit but you do so at your own risk. This site does not provide any guarantee that this information will work in every circumstance with every family or every child. It is your responsibility as a user of this site to ensure that you adhere to any recommended safety suggestions either implicit or explicit on this site and supervise your children while playing any games suggested. Best Parenting Advice.com is not affiliated with any other groups, clubs, religious organizations or educational systems.
Best parenting takes time. The best parenting advice ever is simple: Do your best, don't give up and love your children, no matter what.