EASY HEALTHY RECIPES
QUICK & EASY LAMB DINNERS
Easy Healthy Lamb Stew & Dumplings
4 large lamb forequarter chops
1 onion sliced into wedges
Olive Oil for spraying
1 or 2 large potatoes peeled and diced
½ pumpkin peeled and diced
Handful of string-less beans with ends removed
1 large carrot
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tablespoon mixed herbs
1 bouquet garni
1 bunch chopped parsley, half kept aside for dumplings
2 cups water
2 Massel beef stock cubes
50 g butter
2 cups flour self-raising flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
½ remaining bunch parsley chopped
1. Spray large frying pan with olive oil spray
2. Brown onion
3. Add lamb, brown and cook for 5 minutes on both sides
4. Add tomato sauce, mixed herbs, beef stock cubes and half of the water and simmer, covered for ten to fifteen minutes. Stir ensuring that the bottom doesn’t stick
5. Add potatoes and pumpkin the remainder of the water and simmer, covered for a further ten minutes. Stir again ensuring that the bottom doesn’t stick
6. Add beans and carrots and simmer, covered for a further ten minutes. Stir ensuring that the bottom doesn’t stick.
1. Meanwhile heat butter in microwave then rub butter through flour
2. Add milk and stir through
3. Add ½ bunch chopped parsley and teaspoon salt
4. Stir the stew ensuring that the bottom doesn’t stick and that there is still plenty of liquid. Turn temperature to low.
5. Drop dessertspoon sized scoops of mixture onto the top of the stew and cook on low for a further twenty minutes.
Serve as is for a hearty winter meal
HINT: This is an ideal recipe to do double quantities and freeze. It tastes better the following day.
For more Easy Healthy Recipes go to the following links:
Best Parenting Advice.com is a high quality parenting website designed with child and family success in mind. This site provides free resources for busy parents who want best practical advice on: effective child rearing strategies, easy healthy family meals, self-care tips for time-poor parents and fun learning games to help best educate children while also encouraging positive relationships within the family.
One of the best pieces of parenting advice to help support healthy cooperative families, is to provide regular nutritious meals, eaten together as a family as often as possible. Best parenting advice provides a range of quick and easy family dinner recipes supplied by busy working parents. These are the recipes asked for: because they taste great, they're quick and easy they're family friendly and they're foolproof.
This site provides examples of what worked for me over decades and you are welcome to use these ideas as you see fit but you do so at your own risk. This site does not provide any guarantee that this information will work in every circumstance with every family or every child. It is your responsibility as a user of this site to ensure that you adhere to any recommended safety suggestions either implicit or explicit on this site and supervise your children while playing any games suggested. Best Parenting Advice.com is not affiliated with any other groups, clubs, religious organizations or educational systems.
Best parenting takes time. The best parenting advice ever is simple: Do your best, don't give up and love your children, no matter what.